Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Tomorrow is National Watermelon Day!



I've been using a wonderful calendar from Gallo Family Vineyards, called "A Year of Family Favorites".  Each month features a delicious recipe, many of which I have tried this year. 

What has been really fun is that it also has all the national "food" days marked.  Tomorrow, Aug. 3rd, is National Watermelon Day!

I've been searching the internet for Watermelon recipes and thought I'd link to a few that I'd like to try. 

1. Awesome Summer Watermelon Salad

2. Watermelon Bloody Marys

3. Grilled Spicy Watermelon

4. Watermelon Scallop Ceviche

5. Prosciutto Wrapped Watermelon and Brie Fingers

For a real treat, visit the National Watermelon Promotion Board website > HERE.  It's loaded with recipes & photos that will have your mouth watering!

If you try any of them, please leave a comment and let me know if you enjoyed them.  Or, if you have a favorite of your own, please share. 

No comments: