Thursday, February 24, 2011

Mmmm...Dinner In 20 Minutes!

 Does this look like someone might be cooking? 



I had my Tupperware Team, over for training last night.  One thing we did, was to cook our dinner in a Tupperware SmartSteamer.  This is such an innovative product for the microwave!  The SmartSteamer uses breakthrough technology, to direct the microwaves away from the food and into the water tray, so that only the water is heated by the microwaves.  So, the food is only steamed, not "nuked" also.  Brilliant!

It's a product I love!  (Click on the Dr.Oz button in the sidebar to see him recommend it.)

This meal was simple, nourishing, delicious and ready in 20 minutes.  I really intended to take more photos, but I was talking/training and obviously can't multi-task.  We had filled our plates before I thought to snap another photo.



This menu, Salmon with Pink Peppercorns & Oriental Veggies, is a demo I do at my parties.  I'll post the recipe below.  It is easy, fast & delicious.  Most of us can find 20 minutes to cook, even on a busy night.  The Tupperware MicroSteamer makes it healthy too!  Recipe booklet included.

Don't forget that the SmartSteamer is on sale at 40% off until March 11.  Click Here

Recipe - Salmon with Pink Peppercorns & Oriental Veggies:

1 lb. Salmon fillet
1 T. olive oil
2 T. pink peppercorns
1 - 16 oz bag of frozen oriental vegetables (thawed)
2 - T. teriyaki sauce

Cut the salmon into serving size pieces & place in the base of the MicroSteamer.  Brush with olive oil, and sprinkle with pink peppercorns.

Place colander on top of steamer base & add thawed veggies.  Brush with teriyaki sauce.  Place the base & colander on the water tray, which contains 1-3/4 cups water. 

Place MicroSteamer in the microwave on "HIGH" for 8 -10 minutes.  Let stand 5 minutes.  As with all microwave recipes, the time may need to be adjusted for your particular microwave.  Mine in a 1200 watt, and it took 9 minutes, because my veggies were still partially frozen.

The set-up, prep & cooking took 20 minutes!  Way cool...

Enjoy, Chris










One Degree Makes ALL The Difference!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The Tupperware SmartSteamer is so amazing! I steamed frozen salmon that I got from Costco and it was done in less than 20 minutes! :) So easy!

Unknown said...

The last think I steamed in the Smart Steamer was frozen salmon from Costco. Done in less than 20 minutes and it was amazing! Everyone needs to get a Tupperware Smart Steamer!