Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Nuthin' like a Nuker!

This is for those of you who only use your Microwave Oven as an expensive popcorn popper or a very large hot water dispenser! (You know who you are!)

For the next several days, I will be writing about how to get the most out of your microwave. I’ll be including information and recipes that have a “Tupperware” flavor – no surprise there*Ü*! But rest assured, that you could use your own microwaveable cookware, glass, crockery or high-quality plastic. Cheap stuff won’t work…we’re really cooking here!

My microwave oven is one of my favorite kitchen tools! I use it nearly every day. I do admit to using it to heat water for a cup of tea and for reheating leftovers, but I also cook in it!

Any steamed vegetable dish I serve comes from the microwave. I cook meats, poultry, fish, eggs & even bake in it. That’s not saying that I don’t use the stovetop, regular oven or grill. But usually, some part of every meal comes from the “Nuker”! I hope this series will inspire more of you to do the same!

Here are some interesting tidbits about your microwave oven:

























Here’s a quick and really delicious appetizer recipe to get you started! Super Bowl Sunday IS right around the corner, after all…

Parti-Arti Dip
(low carb - NOT low fat!)

Ingredients:
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
½ cup mayonnaise 1 can artichoke hearts (14 oz., drained)
1 can whole green chilies (7 oz., drained)
2 chopped green onions

Directions:
Place all ingredients in the Quick Chef* & turn handle until chopped & well combined. Place contents into a 6-cup Heat ’N Serve* container. Microwave on High for 3-5 minutes until hot.

Serve with tortilla chips, pita or French bread, or fresh veggies.

Enjoy! Chris

P.S. Next time, we'll bake a cake (or two)!


*The Tupperware products mentioned in this recipe, the Quick Chef & the Heat 'N Serve container can be substituted by your food processor & another approx. 6-cup microwaveable container.



























Heat ‘N Serve containers on Sale in February for 40% off!!

No comments: